Watch a brief video of the WorkPlace Check Request function in action
View a copy of the scanned invoice attachment during Check Request entry
Manage non-purchase order invoices from vendors in seconds. Link paper invoices with your digital data via robust document management capabilities. Enforce consistent spend management policies and approval workflows to Non- Purchase Order (PO) invoices.Most organization devise policies and processes to favor Purchase Order (PO) based buying over the non-PO counterpart, but non-PO spending cannot be fully eliminated. Some of the obvious reasons are as follows:
- The amount of time and resources needed to release a PO
- Purchases which are time sensitive in nature and have to be sped up
- Lack of a formal process followed by suppliers for order receiving and processing
- The charge is small enough not to be worthy of the extra processing
- Automated requests: Initiate check requests using scanned invoices
- Approval process: Check Requests follow assigned approval process
- 1099: Supports 1099 entry and payments
- User-specific forms: Configurable data entry screen to match user’s responsibilities
- Flexible: Form values may include defaults, be set to view only, or marked as required
- Quick entry: Invoice lines may be imported, manually entered, or selected and assigned from attachments
Terms & Definitions
What is a Non-PO Invoice:
A Non-PO Invoice is an invoice used to make a payment to a supplier when a PO is not required/used. Payment for a non-PO invoice typically is initiated with a check request.
What is a Check Request:
A check request is a request for vendor payment that does not initiate from a purchase order.
What is Requisition:
A requisition is a documented way to request an action or item for delivery by a certain date, department or individual.
What is a Purchase Order:
A purchase order is a commercial document issued by a buyer to a seller, indicating types, quantities, terms, and agreed prices for products or services.