Robust Check Request Features
Watch a brief video of the WorkPlace Check Request function in action
View a copy of the scanned invoice attachment during Check Request entry
Manage non-purchase order invoices from vendors in seconds. Link paper invoices with your digital data via robust document management capabilities. Enforce consistent spend management policies and approval workflows to Non- Purchase Order (PO) invoices.
Most organization devise policies and processes to favor Purchase Order (PO) based buying over the non-PO counterpart, but non-PO spending cannot be fully eliminated. Some of the obvious reasons are as follows:
- The amount of time and resources needed to release a PO
- Purchases which are time sensitive in nature and have to be sped up
- Lack of a formal process followed by suppliers for order receiving and processing
- The charge is small enough not to be worthy of the extra processing
In the absence of a PO, vendor payment is initiated through a Check Request. Through the Paramount WorkPlace Check Request functionality you can manage payment of non-purchase order invoices from vendors in seconds. Link paper invoices with your digital data via robust document management capabilities. And just because the transaction does not reference a PO does not mean that proper approvals should not be sought. Check Requests in Paramount WorkPlace follow an assigned approval workflow. Fully approved Requests are transferred into the ERP system for payment.
Features and Benefits:
- Automated requests: Initiate check requests using scanned invoices
- Approval process: Check Requests follow assigned approval process
- 1099: Supports 1099 entry and payments
- User-specific forms: Configurable data entry screen to match user’s responsibilities
- Flexible: Form values may include defaults, be set to view only, or marked as required
- Quick entry: Invoice lines may be imported, manually entered, or selected and assigned from attachments
Terms & Definitions
What is a Non-PO Invoice:
A Non-PO Invoice is an invoice used to make a payment to a supplier when a PO is not required/used. Payment for a non-PO invoice typically is initiated with a check request.
What is a Check Request:
A check request is a request for vendor payment that does not initiate from a purchase order.
What is Requisition:
A requisition is a documented way to request an action or item for delivery by a certain date, department or individual.
What is a Purchase Order:
A purchase order is a commercial document issued by a buyer to a seller, indicating types, quantities, terms, and agreed prices for products or services.